Designing the products that protect our world requires constant innovation and a persistent search for the best materials…materials that are lighter, stronger, flexible, and more reliable. At Rogers Corporation, we are passionate about helping design engineers meet critical product performance requirements.
Our Elastomeric Material Solutions group has created a series of calculators and online tools to solve critical design challenges, addressing anything from ultra-thin protection for sensitive electronics to robust gasketing for automotive applications.
The latest addition is the Vibration Isolation Efficiency Calculator. It recommends the proper PORON™ VXT® Polyurethane material for vibration mitigation applications. This tool uses the design engineer’s system specifications to calculate the isolation efficiency of our materials and provides the most effective Rogers material solution.
The Vibration Isolation Efficiency Calculator joins our extensive suite of calculators, design guides, and tools for material selection, stress-strain calculations, test data studies, and more.
Elastomeric Material Solutions Web Resources:
- PORON® Performance Polyurethane Material Selection Tool: This tool will help you select the right PORON® polyurethane to meet comfort and impact protection design requirements for footwear and apparel.
- PORON® Polyurethane Materials for Gasketing and Sealing Selection Tool: This tool will help you find the PORON® polyurethane or BISCO® silicone material to meet your sealing and gasketing design requirements.
- Compression Force Deflection (CFD) Curve Tool: The CFD Curve Tool can help identify PORON® polyurethane materials, using stress-strain data, to meet your engineering requirements.
- Gap Filling Tool: The PORON® polyurethanes Gap Filling Tool will assist in choosing the proper material to meet final gap thickness requirements.
- Dynamic Stress: Strain data request.
- XRD® Technology Online Selection Tool: Screen Rogers foam materials for suggestions for energy management in low, medium, and high impact applications, from cell phone drops to lacrosse ball shots.
- Technical Sealing Guide: The Technical Sealing Guide provides a comparative test-based data study on sealing and gasketing materials while highlighting essential criteria for long-term sealing solutions in enclosure applications.
- Sealing Design Guide: A shortened version of the technical sealing guide.
- Rogers Handheld Shock Control Design Guide: Protecting the LCD Glass of handheld devices is increasingly important. The Rogers Handheld Shock Control Design Guide covers everything you need to know about how PORON® polyurethane materials protect the displays in handheld designs.
- Material Selection Guide for Industrial Applications: Covers availability, physical properties, electrical and thermal properties, temperature resistance, flammability and outgassing, and environmental characteristics for such applications as environmental seals, vibration isolation, and sound damping.
- Material Selection Guide for Portable Electronics: Covers availability, physical properties, electrical and thermal properties, outgassing, and environmental characteristics for mobile phones, cameras, speakers, and more.
Design Tools Index: Download the design tools you need today.